Monday, September 28, 2009

Will Write for Visitors

So, I bounced out of bed today, eager to start my new career as an author. I set up a blog, wrote my first entry. I told a few people about it. And now, I don't know how to get here. I feel like someone who just opened a bakery and set out a nice tray of cupcakes and pretty little cookies, a few pies and cakes, and is sitting waiting for her first customer. But she doesn't know the address to her bakery. So her own mother can't even show up. I think my blog is in a closet in cyberspace. And I have no idea how to find it or to point the way to it. I just happened to bookmark the page so I can get to it. This is like a computerized version of The Shining. I can sit in here for hours blogging to myself, joking about Twitter and Sarah Palin and really, the joke is on me. I don't even know how to blog. So if you are reading this, you are not even related to me by blood or marriage, you ARE me. Attagirl. way to launch a career. At least if I were sitting in a bakery, it would smell good and I could run outside and grab a few people walking by. Today, as it happens, is garbage day. It does not smell like a bakery and there are no cyberpeople passing by...

No comments:

Post a Comment